Monday, January 21, 2008

Redeemed !!! J Gilbert's

OK - I admit it, I'm the one who complained to the manager at Vinino's. But it was either that or I was going to have a stroke - I was getting so mad. I LOVE good food, and can even forgive bad service - but I can't tolorate paying for bad food (or no food:) and bad service. It's a disservice to the restaurant if you don't say something.

I also feel when you find a really great restaurant - you have to shout it from the rooftops (or at least invite your friends to join you there). So - after our first Supper Club experience, I wanted the chance to redeem the good name of KC restaurants, and volunteered to host the second installment. It didn't take me long to chose J. Gilbert's as it is one of my favorite places. The Maytag Blue Chips and Mango martinis are reason enough to try it. Well, it didn't take the girls long to figure out my choice and, surprisingly, only 2 of the 6 of us had been there before. So on a cold Friday night, some of us gathered at my house for a glass of wine before heading to the restaurant, where we met up with the rest of the group. We all agreed on the martinis and I'm pretty sure by the fact that the server brought several more through out the evening that no one hated those. I also made the executive decision that we needed the chips - and those too were quickly gobbled up. Between the six of us, we had a good variety of steaks, seafood and chicken, along with the yummy mashed potatoes. A couple of the girls also had dessert - which no one had any complaints with. Throughout the evening, our server made sure we had everything we needed, without hovering or interrupting our conversation. She was awesome !

I'm sure throughout the year, we will be trying all types of different restaurants, with many different reviews. And if we, unfortunately, have an experience like our first, we can always go back to J. Gilbert's where the food and service are consistently awesome.

Bon Appetit ! HAW

No comments: